When we designed Premier, we took the simplicity from QuickBooks and combined it with the power of traditional packages to create a simple, yet powerful solution on a modern user interface.
10 Reasons to switch from QuickBooks to Jonas Premier
- Integration– One complete solution for accounting, detailed job costing, project & document management designed for automation and collaboration only for Construction. Using one software for all your needs can help you automate processes, save you valuable time and generate detailed financial and job cost reports.
- Data Security– Control what user or group can enter only versus post in key modules. Secure by company and by job. Every entry has a proper data trail which stores electronically in the document management system. This makes it easy for auditors to track so they are in and out of your office in no time.
- AP Batch Processing– AP Invoices for Jobs or GL can be saved individually or in a batch and routed for approval to multiple users. Easily run reports to see what is ‘pending’ and who you are waiting for approval on. When you approve or deny, you have the ability to enter in the proper allocation for each line item. This will automatically update in AP to help minimize double entry.
- Retainage/Holdback Processing– Designed specifically for construction, we understand the importance of tracking retainage/holdback by detailed job cost items. Premier can automatically release retainage/holdback and generate invoices.
- Subcontract Management – Tracks compliances and expiry dates. When approving a change order with subs, it automatically generates subcontractor change orders and updates billing. Enable the pay when paid feature and redesign your payment applications by vendor.
- Cheque Register– A record of cheques enables you to cancel a cheque at any date, without having to reopen a closed accounting period. You can easily deactivate and reactivate periods.
- Project Accounting– Jonas Premier provides up to 5 levels of detailed job costing which is useful for General Contractors working on condos, apartments, property, lots etc.
Example: An AP invoice could be allocated as follows: Job 123 – Sub – Concrete Work – Building 1 – Bathroom
- Project Management– Manage estimates, est@completion, actual & committed costs, change orders, pending change orders, photos, RFIs, Submittals, Transmittals, Punch lists, and more.
- Document Management– Documents from Premier automatically store and tag to the job, customer, sub, employee etc., helping you become paperless instantly. Integrated with Word, Excel and Outlook makes it easy to tag documents. Upload any 3rd party and enable workflow approval for internal and external users such as subcontractors.
- Billing – Enter and manage fixed price Job Invoices, Schedule of Values, Progress Billing by %, amount, units, AIA billing and T&M Cost plus mark up with Construction Management Fees. Design your forms or easily copy from templates.