The availability of high-speed internet on smartphones has allowed construction professionals to gradually increase their use of mobile devices on the field. The types of applications that are being used in the industry range from Invitation to Bid, Field Data Collection, and BIM, to Estimating and CRM.
The top 10 FREE desktop & web-based software APPs are described below:
- Dropbox – Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!
- Google Earth – Google Earth lets you fly anywhere on Earth to view satellite imagery, maps, terrain, 3D buildings, from galaxies in outer space to the canyons of the ocean.
- GoToMeeting – Work can happen anytime, anywhere. GoToMeeting with HD video conferencing is a simple yet powerful way to collaborate in real time.
- Google Drive – Drive starts you with 15 GB of free Google storage, so you can keep pictures, stories, designs, drawings, recordings, videos – anything.
- Skype – Skype is a telecommunications application software that specializes in providing video chat and voice calls from computers, tablets and mobile devices via the Internet to other devices or telephones/smartphones.
- Box – Box Inc. is an online file sharing and personal cloud content management service for businesses.
- SketchUp – SketchUp is 3D modeling software that’s easy to learn and incredibly fun to use.
- Microsoft Office 365 Live – From home to business, from desktop to web and the devices in between, Office delivers the tools to get work done.
- Join.Me – Instant screen sharing with powerful meeting tools and unlimited audio.
- YouSendit – A cloud service that lets users send, receive, digitally sign and synchronize files.
A few more cloud-based construction software related APPs:
- AutoCAD 360 – AutoCAD 360 is a free 2D CAD software that lets you create and share stunning drawings and DWG files from any device.
- Bentley Navigator – Bentley Navigator is used by infrastructure teams to review and analyze project information.
- BIM 360 Field – BIM 360™ Field is field management software for 2D and 3D environments that combines mobile technologies at the construction site with cloud-based collaboration and reporting.
- BlueBeam – Bluebeam Revu combines powerful PDF editing, markup and collaboration technology with reliable file creation.
- Construction Master 5 – The Construction Master 5 is the essential tool for serious building professionals. Easy-to-use in the field or office it meets the need for fast, accurate construction- math solutions.
- DeWALT Mobile Pro – A calculation and reference tool for construction pros.
- MagicPlan – Create an inside map with your mobile device without measuring nor drawing.
- Onsite Planroom – Access your plans and files for viewing, sharing and commenting from the convenience of your iPad.
- PlanGrid – PlanGrid is a mobile construction blueprint replacement app and platform that provides real-time updates and seamless file synching over Wi-Fi and cellular radio.
Take some time to research the above applications in more detail and see how they can be incorporated in your construction business.
Stay tuned for more news regarding the Jonas Premier Field Mobile APP!